Like virtually all businesses and service providers across the country reacting to the COVID-19 pandemic, Bevis Funeral Home is adapting the way we interact with our families to ensure they are safe even in times of grief.
We are now offering streaming video of all our funeral services so that you can watch from the safety of your home. Services from the main chapel on John Knox Road in Tallahassee will be live streamed, while services at other locations will be recorded. All of them will be available on this website by clicking on the Obituaries section and choosing the memorial page of the deceased loved one. Just click on the Photos & Videos tab to view the service.
In response to local, state and federal mandates, Bevis Funeral Home is limiting attendance at services to immediate family members. It is always our first priority to care for the families in their greatest time of need, and streaming services allows family to come together, even virtually, to comfort each other. As hard as it is to tell a family they cannot gather in large numbers, we are grateful to offer them this option.
Social Distancing for the Grieving
Comforting the grieving is frequently done in close quarters, from hugs to cleaning house to preparing food. But social distancing just means physical distance. Here are some more ideas for comforting the grieving in the time of COVID-19.
- Video chat or set up a conference call with friends and family members to reminisce.
- Set up a schedule to regularly call the deceased’s loved ones and keep them connected.
- Call and schedule food and grocery deliveries. Many businesses are offering these free of charge and the CDC says the transmission risk from food products is low so long as proper hand-washing is observed.
- You can also schedule other deliveries in which the grieving family won’t have direct contact with the provider, such as lawn care. Any service you can take care of and the family doesn’t have to worry about will be appreciated.
- You can order flowers or other gifts to be delivered and pay over the phone.
Virtual Meetings with the Bevis Funeral Home Team
Bevis Funeral Home is also offering virtual appointments for services such as pre-planning and consultations until the bans are lifted and meeting in person is safe again. For more grief support resources, visit the Bevis Funeral Home online Grief Support Guide or call today at (850) 385-2193.